The Southern Medical Program invites faculty, staff, and students to the inaugural Preparation for Medical Practice (PMP) Poster Presentation Night.
Our inaugural Year 4 class is working on collaborative group projects throughout their final month of PMP course. Their research will be presented April 22, 2015 from 5:00 to 7:00 pm in the library at the Clinical Academic Campus. The students will present their work in poster format and short verbal presentations.
Research topics include:
- Treatment of microvascular complications of diabetes mellitus
- Cardiovascular outcomes in reducing salt intake
- Cardiovascular effects of long term daily milk consumption
- Beta blockers in the treatment of infantile hemangioma
- Surfactant administration in premature neonates and its effect on mortality and morbidity
- Ringers lactate vs normal saline
- The utility of ultrasound in the diagnosis of acute appendicitis
Please RSVP to Doreen Welsh firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20th. We look forward to seeing you at the event.