Congratulations to the Southern Medical Program Class of 2016 on earning their UBC medical degrees. This is the second cohort of doctors to ever graduate from the BC Interior. A few key highlights for this year’s grad class:
- A total of 30 new doctors graduated this year from the SMP.
- 38% matched to Family Medicine residency programs including two in Kelowna (Rural) site and one in the new South Okanagan site based in Penticton.
- One graduate matched to the Kelowna Royal College Emergency Medicine Residency Program.
- 27% matched with primary care specialties (Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry).
- 62% match with UBC residency programs.
Our graduates will be heading across BC and Canada to begin their residency training in early July. They will spend the next two to five years completing their residency before entering practice.