The exciting research of students and interns with Southern Medical Program, UBC Okanagan, and BC Cancer Agency was on full display at the 2018 UBC Okanagan Interdisciplinary Student Health Conference. Held at the Clinical Academic Campus on February 21, 2018, the event featured poster presentations on a diverse range of engaging research topics.
- Southern Medical Program, Victoria Bass: What’s Happening to Me? Exploring Transformation in Medical Education Through Poetry
- Southern Medical Program, Ryan Dragoman: Surface-Engineered Cationic Nanocrystals for Biological Application
- Southern Medical Program, Jung-In Choi: Temporal Changes and Spectrum of Findings on Follow-up CT Angiogram in Patients with Suspected Post-traumatic Blunt Cerebrovascular Injury
- UBC Okanagan (Biochemistry), Wyatt Slatterly: Ligand-directed integrin labeling: Novel insights into glia mediated synaptic
Best Visually Appealing Poster:
- Southern Medical Program, Breanne Cadham: Walk and Talk United: Evaluation of an online Walk and Talk program implementation toolkit
A special thanks to the event adjudicators Dr. Graeme McCauley and Leslie Bryant, Interior Health and guest presenter Dr. Kamran Golmohammadi, Medical Health Officer, Interior Health.